Friday 6 August 1965
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Kinchen and Juliane Kohler.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I'm Henry VIII, I Am by Herman's Hermits.
In UK Help! by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Help!, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Vital Spark.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1965!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1965 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Brian Kinchen: NFL tight end (Cleveland Browns, Baltimore Ravens).
- Juliane Kohler: German actress.
- Vincent Wells: England cricketer.
- Luc Alphand: French skier and winner of the World Cup events in 1995 and 1996, when he won a Bronze Medal (downhill) in the World championships.
- Stéphane Peterhansel: French driver, he won 6 Paris-Dakar rallys in the motorcycle category and then 6 Paris-Dakar rallys in the car category.
- David Robinson: Florida, United States -- NBA center (San Antonio Spurs, Olympics - Gold - 92)
- Ravi Coltrane: American saxophonist
- Yuki Kajiura: Japanese pianist and composer (See-Saw)
- Juliane Köhler: German actress
- Mark Speight: English television presenter (Born 1965)
- Vince Wells: English cricketer
- 32nd NFL Chicago All-Star Game: Cleveland 24, All-Stars 16 (68,000)
- Federal Voting Rights Act guarantees black voting rights
- Indian troops invade Pakistan
- LBJ signs Voting Rights Act, guaranteeing voting rights for blacks
- US President Lyndon Johnson signs the Voting Rights Act, which makes it illegal to impose restrictions on federal, state and local elections that were designed to deny the vote to blacks.
- Beatles release "Help" album in United Kingdom.
- U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Voting Rights Act of 1965 into law.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 August 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Save Your Heart For Me
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- The Dave Clark Five - I Like It Like That
- Jay and the Americans - Cara-Mia
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- Patty Duke - Don't Just Stand There
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?