Tuesday 17 August 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dottie Mochrie Pepper and Fred Grim.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Got You Babe by Sonny & Cher.
In UK Help! by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Help!, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Making Of The President 1964 by Theodore H. White was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Vital Spark.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1965!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1965 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Dottie Mochrie Pepper: Saratoga Springs, New York -- Golfer (1992 Dinah Shore).
- Fred Grim: Soccer player (Cambuur L, Ajax).
- Robert Manry: Cleveland newspaper editor / sailed the Atlantic (in craft).
- Glen Goldsmith: rocker ("What You See is What You Get").
- Roberto Clemente: Puerto Rican baseball broadcaster and former professional baseball player.
- Steve Gorman: American drummer (The Black Crowes and Trigger Hippy)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Save Your Heart For Me
- The Beatles - Help!
- The Beach Boys - California Girls
- The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Four Tops - It's The Same Old Song
- Patty Duke - Don't Just Stand There
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- Billy Joe Royal - Down In The Boondocks
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?