Saturday 21 August 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Katja Kiuru and Jim Bullinger.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Got You Babe by Sonny & Cher.
In UK Help! by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
That Funny Feeling, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Vital Spark.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1965!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1965 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Katja Kiuru: Finnish actress.
- Jim Bullinger: New Orleans, Louisiana -- Pitcher (Chicago Cubs).
- Caryn Mower: American actress, stuntwoman and former professional wrestler.
- Gemini 5 launched into Earth orbit (two astronauts).
- Romania adopts constitution
- The Crusher beats Mad Dog Vachon in St. Paul, to become NWA champ
- ''Gemini 5'' (Gordon Cooper, Pete Conrad) is launched on the first 1-week flight, as well as the first test of fuel cells for electrical power.
- Casey Stengel announces his retirement after 55 years in baseball.
- Rock musician Bob Dylan releases his influential album ''Highway 61 Revisited'', featuring the song ampquotLike a Rolling Stoneampquot.
- An avalanche buries a dam construction site at Saas-Fee, Switzerland killing 90 workers.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 August 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Save Your Heart For Me
- The Beatles - Help!
- The Beach Boys - California Girls
- The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Four Tops - It's The Same Old Song
- Patty Duke - Don't Just Stand There
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- Billy Joe Royal - Down In The Boondocks
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?