Tuesday 9 February 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sharon Case in Detroit and Gonzalo Floyd.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to One Bad Apple by The Osmonds.
In UK My Sweet Lord by George Harrison was in the top 5 hits.
Get Carter, directed by Mike Hodges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dave Allen at Large.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Galaxy Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1971!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1971 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Sharon Case in Detroit: Michigan, USA; actress (Sharon Collins - The Young and the Restless).
- Gonzalo Floyd: Canadian Football League defensive end (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Ken Felder: US baseball outfielder (Milwaukee Brewers).
- Jason Mathews: NFL tackle (Indianapolis Colts).
- Jim Miller NFL quarterback (Pittsburgh Steelers: Atlanta Falcons, Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Johan Mjallby: Swedish footballer
- Adeline Blondieau: French actress, theatre and TV. She is the daughter of the singer Christian Blondieau, stage name Long Chris.
- Sharon Case: Soap Opera Actress
- Johan Mjällby: Swedish footballer and manager
- Probably 1st gay theme TV episode - All in the Family
- In San Fernando, California, a magnitude 6.6 earthquake occurs. The earthquake lasts about 60 seconds, kills 65, injures more than 2,000, and causes property damage estimated at $505 million.
- Satchel Paige becomes the first Negro League player to become voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame.
- Apollo program: Apollo 14 returns to Earth after the third manned moon landing.
- The Sylmar earthquake hits the San Fernando Valley area of California.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 February 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?