Saturday 9 January 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elizabeth Punsalan in Syracuse and Bill Schroeder.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
Vanishing Point, directed by Richard C. Sarafian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Crime In America by Ramsey Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching All in the Family.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Trek or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1971 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Elizabeth Punsalan in Syracuse: New York, USA; dance skater (and Swallow, Olympics-15-1994).
- Bill Schroeder: NFL wide receiver (Green Bay Packers-Super Bowl XXXI).
- Scott Thornton in London: Ontario, Canada; NHL left wing (Edmonton Oilers).
- Daniel Dumile: American hip hop artist.
- Yusuke Naora: Japanese game art director.
- Elizabeth Punsalen: American Ice Dancer, partner of Jerod Swallow
- Angie Martinez: American rapper and radio talk host
- MF Doom: Rapper
- Hal Niedzviecki: Canadian author and critic
- Scott Thornton: Canadian ice hockey player
- Elmer Flick: American baseball player (d. 1971).
- Lovely Ladies, Kind Gentlemen closes at Majestic NYC after 19 performances
- Uruguayan president Jorge Pacheco Areco demands emergency powers for 90 days due to kidnappings, and receives them the next day.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Bee Gees - Lonely Days
- Barbra Streisand - Stoney End
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?