Tuesday 23 February 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jason Keller and Shane Keller in Scarsdale.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to One Bad Apple by The Osmonds.
In UK My Sweet Lord by George Harrison was in the top 5 hits.
Get Carter, directed by Mike Hodges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rock Masters: Neil Young in Concert.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Oregon Trail or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1971!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1971 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Jason Keller: Scarsdale, New York -- Actor (Jason-Out of the Blue).
- Shane Keller in Scarsdale: New York, USA; actor (Shane - Out of the Blue).
- Carin Hjalmarsson in Koch Kungalv: Sweden; golfer (1995 Pinewild-7th).
- Torsten Kienass in Berlin: Germany; hockey defenseman (Team Germany).
- Don Maxwell: Canadian cricketer.
- Jeong Chan: South Korean actor
- Jung Chan: South Korean actor
- Melinda Messenger: English model and television host
- Joe-Max Moore: American soccer player
- Ryohei Odai: Japanese actor and voice actor
- King Lockwood: Dies of a stroke at 73.
- Boston Bruins begin 13 NHL game win streak
- George Harrison is fined and his driving license is suspended for 1 year
- Lt Calley confessed and implicates Captain Medina
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- Jackson 5 - Mama's Pearl
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- Lynn Anderson - Rose Garden
- Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
- Dave Edmunds - I Hear You Knocking
- Wadsworth Mansion - Sweet Mary
- Jerry Reed - Amos Moses
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Mr. Bojangles
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?