Saturday 6 February 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lance Bade and Mana Endo.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Knock Three Times by Dawn.
In UK My Sweet Lord by George Harrison was in the top 5 hits.
Get Carter, directed by Mike Hodges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Child From The Sea by Elizabeth Goudge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dave Allen at Large.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Trek or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1971!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1971 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Lance Bade: Vancouver, British Columbia -- US double trap (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Mana Endo: Hiroshima, Japan -- Tennis star (1996 3rd round Aust Open).
- Peter Tchernyshev in Saint Petersburg: Russia; dance skater (and Naomi Lang).
- Carlos Rogers: American basketball player: forward/center, Raptors.
- Brian Stepanek: American actor.
- 1st time a golf ball is hit on Moon (by Alan Shepard)
- First time a golf ball is hit on the Moon (by Alan Shepard).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- Bee Gees - Lonely Days
- Lynn Anderson - Rose Garden
- Dave Edmunds - I Hear You Knocking
- King Floyd - Groove Me
- Elton John - Your Song
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Gladys Knight & The Pips - If I Were Your Woman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?