Friday 26 February 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Erykah Badu and Hélène Segara.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to One Bad Apple by The Osmonds.
In UK My Sweet Lord by George Harrison was in the top 5 hits.
Get Carter, directed by Mike Hodges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while God Is An Englishman by R.F. Delderfield was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rock Masters: Neil Young in Concert.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1971!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 February 1971 ?
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Erykah Badu: American singer.
- Hélène Segara
- Romane Serda: French singer of Spanish descent, she was married to Renaud (divorced in 2011).
- Max Martin: Swedish-American singer-songwriter and producer (It's Alive).
- Emmanuel Levy
- Rick Lyle: Defensive end / defensive tackle (NY Jets).
- Helene Segara: French singer.
- Hélène Ségara: French singer born of an Italian father and Armenian mother, she sings in French, Spanish, Italian and English Helene has been singing since she was 15; at age 22 she took off for Paris to make her mark.
- Fernandel : French actor and mime comedian with a long, sorrowful, equine face and a radiant and toothy smile.
- Fernandel [Contandin]: French actor (Death of Champion), dies at 67.
- Joseph Berg: Composer, dies at 43.
- Joseph Desire Fernandel: Comedian, dies of cancer at 67.
- Tullio Carminati: Actor (Roman Holiday, Moulin Rouge), dies at 76.
- U.N. Secretary General U Thant signs United Nations proclamation of the vernal equinox as Earth Day.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- Jackson 5 - Mama's Pearl
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- Lynn Anderson - Rose Garden
- Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
- Dave Edmunds - I Hear You Knocking
- Wadsworth Mansion - Sweet Mary
- Jerry Reed - Amos Moses
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Mr. Bojangles
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?