Tuesday 9 July 1996
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jenn McAllister and Aryia .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to How Do U Want It by 2 Pac.
In UK Killing Me Softly by Fugees was in the top 5 hits.
Criss Cross, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while Beach Music by Pat Conro was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Contra: Legacy of War or Formula 1.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1996!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1996 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
Famous Birthdays:09 July
- Christopher Casson: Actor (Educating Rita, Zardoz), dies at 84.
- Douglas G Chapman: Biomathematical statistician, dies at 76.
- Melvin Mouron Belli: Attorney / actor (Star Trek), dies at 88.
- Peter Martini: British journalist, dies at 31.
- Susan Cowdy: British ornithologist, dies at 81.
- Melvin Belli: American attorney from 1933, noted for being colorful and compelling in the courtroom. A flamboyant legal legend, he relished courtroom confrontations and won over $300 million for his clients, pioneering the jury-winning technique of dramatically demonstrating evidence during trial.
- 67th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 6-0 at Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia
- All star MVP: Mike Piazza (LA Dodgers)
- US Senate approves 90 cent raise to $4.25 minimum wage
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- 2 Pac - How Do U Want It
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- Quad City DJ's - C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train)
- Monica - Why I Love You So Much
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?