Sunday 14 July 1996
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to How Do U Want It by 2 Pac.
In UK Killing Me Softly by Fugees was in the top 5 hits.
The Frighteners, directed by Peter Jackson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Green Mile, Part 4: The Bad Death of Eduard Delacroix by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Age of Sail or Chex Quest.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1996!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1996 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 July
- How To Succeed in Business... closes at R Rodgers NYC after 548 performances
- Thousand Clowns opens at Criterion Theater NYC for 32 performances
- 14th Seniors Players Golf Championship: Raymond Floyd
- Michelle McGann wins Youngstown-Warren LPGA Golf Classic
- New York Yanks sweep complete season series in Baltimore for 1st time
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- 2 Pac - How Do U Want It
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- Quad City DJ's - C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train)
- Monica - Why I Love You So Much
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?