Monday 15 July 1996
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Raging House .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to How Do U Want It by 2 Pac.
In UK Killing Me Softly by Fugees was in the top 5 hits.
The Frighteners, directed by Peter Jackson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Green Mile, Part 4: The Bad Death of Eduard Delacroix by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Daily Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle Arena Toshinden 3 or Dark Sun Online: Crimson Sands.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1996!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1996 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Dana Hill: Actress (Vacation), dies at 32.
- After 2,216 consecutive games at shortstop, Cal Ripkin goes to 3rd
- MSNBC begins Microsoft internet-NBC TV
- Prince Charles and Princess Di sign divorce papers
- Southern Mexico hit with 6.5 earthquake
- A Belgian Air Force C-130 Hercules carrying the Royal Netherlands Army marching band crashes on landing at Eindhoven Airport.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 July 1996
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- 2 Pac - How Do U Want It
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- R. Kelly - I Can't Sleep Baby (If I)
- Quad City DJ's - C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train)
- Eric Clapton - Change The World
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?