Tuesday 2 July 1996
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julia Grabher .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
In UK Killing Me Softly by Fugees was in the top 5 hits.
Criss Cross, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while Ghost Camp by R.L. Stine was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Si Doel anak sekolahan.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ares or The Eye of Typhoon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1996!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1996 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Hugh Davson: Physiologist / writer, dies at 86.
- Lyle and Erik Menendez are sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- 2 Pac - How Do U Want It
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Adam Clayton & Larry Mullen - Theme From Mission Impossible
- Monica - Why I Love You So Much
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?