Wednesday 9 November 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hervé Bernard-Omnes and Stefen Edberg.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Poor Side Of Town by Johnny Rivers.
In UK Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Cul-de-sac, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Giles Goat Boy by John Barth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vendetta.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1966!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 November 1966 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Hervé Bernard-Omnes
- Stefen Edberg: Sweden -- Tennis star.
- Virgil Robertson: CFL defensive end (BC Lions).
- Denis Desoutter: French jockey with 34 wins in obstacle races.
- Oakland Coliseum Arena opens
- John Lennon meets Yoko Ono at the Indica Gallery.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- Herman's Hermits - Dandy
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Bobby Darin - If I Were A Carpenter
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- James and Bobby Purify - I'm Your Puppet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?