Friday 18 November 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Darren Flutie and Gwendolyn Hajek.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to You Keep Me Hangin' On by The Supremes.
In UK Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Cul-de-sac, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while A Dream Of Kings by Harry Mark Petrakis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vendetta.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1966!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1966 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Darren Flutie: CFL slot back (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Gwendolyn Hajek: Shreveport, Louisiana -- Playmate (September, 1987).
- Ron Coomer: Crest Hill, Illinois -- Infielder (Minn Twins).
- Tommie Stowers: WLAF tight end (Rhein Fire).
- Frédéric Darondel: French race horse trainer and jockey, son of trainer Philippe Darondel, and brother of jockey Jean-Philippe Darondel.
- Jean Driscoll: American professional athlete and Parolympian and marathon wheelchair racer, motivational speaker and author. Driscoll was born premature and kept in a neonatal unit in the hospital for a week after her birth. Born with spina bifida and cleft lip that was later surgically repaired, she suffered from colic as a child. But she was tough and didn't like being told what she couldn't do. Even with her leg braces she raced around as a child. She was a good student in grade school despite the disappoin
- Sandy Koufax announces his retirement, due to arthritic left elbow
- US RC bishops ends rules against eating meat on Fridays
- US Roman Catholic bishops do away with rule against eating meat on Fridays.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- James and Bobby Purify - I'm Your Puppet
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- Bobby Darin - If I Were A Carpenter
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Rain On The Roof
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?