Thursday 17 November 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sophie Marceau and Jeff Buckley.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to You Keep Me Hangin' On by The Supremes.
In UK Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Cul-de-sac, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Boston Strangler by Gerald Frank was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vendetta.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1966!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 November 1966 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Sophie Marceau: French actress, seen in her first English-speaking role in "Braveheart" with Mel Gibson.
- Jeff Buckley: American musician, who emerged in the avant-garde club scene of the 1990s.
- Daisy Fuentes: Cuban model and actress.
- Jeff Nelson: Baltimore, Maryland -- Pitcher (New York Yankees).
- Richard Fortus: American guitarist songwriter and producer (Guns N' Roses and Love Spit Love).
- Alvin Patrimonio: Filipino basketball player and manager.
- Ben Allison: American bassist and composer.
- Kate Ceberano: Australian singer-songwriter and actress (I'm Talking).
- Leonids meteor shower peaks (150,000+ per hour).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- James and Bobby Purify - I'm Your Puppet
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- Bobby Darin - If I Were A Carpenter
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Rain On The Roof
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?