Wednesday 9 November 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 9, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Haywire, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Damned by Chuck Palahniuk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hell on Wheels.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 1000 Heroz or Bang Bang Racing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 November 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 2011!
Which were the important events of 9 November 2011 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 November
- Voters in San Francisco, California, elect Ed Lee as the city's interim Mayor. Lee is the first Asian-American to become Mayor of San Francisco. (''San Francisco Chronicle'')
- A British soldier is killed in a bomb attack in Afghanistan. (BBC)
- A U.S. Federal investigation finds gross mismanagement of the remains of servicemen and women at the Charles C. Carson Center for Mortuary Affairs at Dover Air Force Base. (''Washington Post'')
- A survey of businesses and consumers in Wales indicates widespread support among both groups for the country to have its own top-level domain name. (BBC)
- Taylor Swift wins Entertainer of the Year at the American Country Music Association Awards. (''USA Today'')
- Italy's cost of borrowing reaches a record high, with interest rates on 10-year loans rising to 7%, as fears grow of an escalating economic crisis. (BBC)
- 2011 Thailand floods:
- The death toll from the ongoing flooding in Thailand reaches 529. (AFP via Google)
- Floods are predicted to enter the centre of Bangkok early next week, and have already affected nearby roads and sewage systems, according to the Thai Flood Relief Operations Command (FROC). (''Bangkok Post'')
- The British Ministry of Defence suspends training flights in aircraft with ejector seats similar to that which killed a Red Arrows pilot on Tuesday. (BBC)
- A magnitude 5.7 earthquake hits Van, Turkey, leading to the collapse of numerous buildings. The tremor comes in the wake of last month's destructive 7.1 magnitude earthquake. (BBC)
- Response to IAEA report on Iran's nuclear program:
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says the International Atomic Energy Agency report is based on ampquotempty claimsampquot and that Iran would not budge from its nuclear program despite allegations it may be trying to develop nuclear weapons European countries and the US say they will consider fresh sanctions against Iran. (Bloomberg)
- Thousands of students march in central London over a rise in university tuition fees. (BBC)
- Members of the UK's National Association of Head Teachers vote to take strike action for the first time over planned changes to their pensions. (BBC)
- Russia's Fobos-Grunt mission to the Martian moon of Phobos runs into problems shortly after its launch, with no telemetry reported from the spacecraft. (MSNBC)
- Dutch scientists build a nanoscopic electric car made of a single complex molecule. Currently the world's smallest vehicle, the nanocar is capable of travelling small distances when an electric current is applied to it. (AdelaideNow)
- The trustees of Pennsylvania State University sack the coach of the Penn State Nittany Lions football team, Joe Paterno, and the University president, Graham Spanier, following allegations of a coverup of alleged sexual abuse by assistant coach Jerry Sandusky. (''Los Angeles Times'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 9 November 2011
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- East Stirling - Berwick : 1 - 3
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Ni**as in Paris - Jay Z Kanye West
- She Will - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Headlines - Drake
- That Way - Wale Featuring Jeremih & Rick Ross
- Party - Beyonce Featuring Andre 3000
- Marvin & Chardonnay - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash
- Wet The Bed - Chris Brown Featuring Ludacris
- Body 2 Body - Ace Hood Featuring Chris Brown
- Marvins Room - Drake
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
Top #10 Latin songs
- Promise - Romeo Santos Featuring Usher
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- El Verdadero Amor Perdona - Mana Featuring Prince Royce
- El Mil Amores - Pesado
- El Amor - Ricardo Arjona
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Maquina Del Tiempo - Tito "El Bambino" Featuring Wisin & Yandel
- Rain Over Me - Pitbull Featuring Marc Anthony
- Tu Olor - Wisin & Yandel
Top #10 Rock songs
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- The Sound Of Winter - Bush
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Tonight - Seether
- Paradise - Coldplay
- Not Again - Staind
- Face To The Floor - Chevelle
- Bottoms Up - Nickelback
- Make It Stop (September's Children) - Rise Against
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $40.44
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $99.84
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $77.43
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $27.17
- 1 CHF = 6.9723 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.1938 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8879 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.435 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?