Tuesday 10 February 2004
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Way You Move by OutKast.
In UK With A Little Help From My Friends / Measure Of A Man by Sam & Mark was in the top 5 hits.
50 First Dates, directed by Peter Segal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cheap Seats: Without Ron Parker.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War or Bomberman Hardball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 2004!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 February 2004 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 February
- Guy Provost: French Canadian actor (d. 2004).
- Same-sex marriage in the United States: A majority of Americans (two to one margin) respond they do not want laws in their states that would legalize same-sex marriages. The poll is taken after the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court ruling.
- A group of 200 AIDS doctors in the United States calls for a boycott of pharmaceutical company Abbott Laboratories to protest the company's recent 401% price hike on its anti-HIV drug Norvir.
- The French National Assembly votes (494 to 36) to ban hijab and all other conspicuous religious symbols from state schools.
- The White House rebuts Democrats' accusations that Bush shirked his military responsibilities, releasing pay records for the President's National Guard service between May 1972 and May 1973.
- The oil cartel OPEC announces further limits on the output of crude by one million barrels a day beginning April 1, 2004. If all member states stick to the agreement, OPEC's daily output will be cut by about 10 percent.
- Recent violence in Haiti has spread as anti-government forces take control of eight towns in Western Haiti. 46 people are dead thus far. Government forces in Cap-Haïtien (second largest city in Haiti) built flaming barricades to keep the rebel forces out of the city. The UN is urging Haitians on both sides to stop the violence.
- Occupation of Iraq: A large car bomb explodes in the central Iraqi town of Iskandariya, south of Baghdad, killing at least 50 people.
- An Iranian airliner crashes on arrival at Sharjah airport in the United Arab Emirates, killing at least 35 people. A few people are thought to have survived.
- The missing Russian politician Ivan Rybkin unexpectedly reappears in Kiev, the capital of neighboring Ukraine, and is said to be on his way back to Moscow. According to his own words he ampquotwas entitled to two or three days of private lifeampquot.
- Canada's auditor-general, Sheila Fraser, releases a scathing report on a CA$250-million sponsorship fund that had a major portion of its funds directed to firms friendly to the ruling Liberal party the resulting scandal and inquiry is quite likely to affect the coming election. Alfonso Gagliano, a former cabinet minister involved in the scandal, is removed from his post as ambassador to Denmark and recalled to Canada.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2004 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 10 February 2004
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Hamilton - Stenhousemuir : 0 - 1
- Luton - Brighton : 2 - 0
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Kidderminster - Cheltenham : 0 - 0
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Arsenal - Southampton : 2 - 0
- Dundee United - Hibernian : 0 - 0
- Leeds - Wolves : 4 - 1
- Leicester - Bolton : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?