Saturday 10 July 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Owen Chamberlain and David Brinkley.
High and Dizzy, directed by Hal Roach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 July 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1920 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Owen Chamberlain: American scientist, winner of the Nobel Prize for physics on 10/26/1959, along with Dr. Emilio Segre, for their detection of the antiproton.
- David Brinkley: American TV news correspondent best known as the partner of Chet Huntley on the popular and award-winning NBC-TV show, "Huntley Brinkley Report," 1956-1970.
- Virginia Brooks: American homicide victim who was kidnapped on 2/11/1931 at age 10 in San Diego while walking to school; her body was found on 3/9/1931 on the Fort Kearney military reservation 15 miles north of San Diego by a shepherd and his border collie.
- Maurice Werther: French radio and television journalist, specializing in foreign policy.
- Tris Speaker is stopped at 11 consecutive hits by Tom Zachary