Friday October 10, 2008
US date format: 10/10/2008, UK date format: 10/10/2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see zodiac on October 10, 2008). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Gordon Brown (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Role Models, directed by David Wain, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Faefever by Karen Marie Moning was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Raising the Bar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bomberman Touch: The Legend of Mystic Bomb or Code Geass.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 10, 2008?
- The 10 October 2008 Orakzai bombing kills 110 and injures 200 more.
- Pirate spokesman threatens to blow up MV Faina, which has been held off the coast of Somalia since September 25, if $20 million is not paid by October 13. (BBC News)
- The president of Peru accepts the resignation of his entire cabinet in response to an oil kickbacks scandal. (AP via Yahoo News)
- Gunmen kill 11 in a bar in Mexico in drug smuggling related violence. (Reuters via Irish Times)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 10, 2008?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 R&B songs
Sport Games on October 10, 2008
Division 2Football (France)
- Angers - Strasbourg : 3 - 0
- Bastia - Dijon : 0 - 0
- Brest - Montpellier : 0 - 3
- Chateauroux - Metz : 1 - 1
- Clermont - Tours : 0 - 0
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Northampton - Hartlepool : 1 - 0
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Dag and Red - Barnet : 2 - 0
- Lincoln - Rochdale : 1 - 1
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2008?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- As Crisis Grows, Driven by Impulse The Times's business reporter, Alex Berenson, discusses the tendency in periods of crisis for investors to be driven impulse. [..]
- As Crisis Spreads, Global Approach Weighed The U.S. and Britain appear to be coming to a common solution a day before a meeting of financial leaders. [..]
- See all financial news of October 10th, 2008
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $63.86
- Apple AAPL: opens at $85.70
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $21.79
- General Electric GE: opens at $18.70
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $87.41
- 1 USD = 100.72 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.1752 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.1386 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.8355 CNY
- 1 EUR = 135.35 JPY
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on October 10, 2008?
On October 10, 2008 the day of the week was Friday.
What zodiac sign is October 10, 2008?
On October 10, 2008 the zodiac sign was Libra.
Who was the US President on October 10, 2008?
On October 10, 2008 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on October 10, 2008?
On October 10, 2008 the UK Prime Minister was Gordon Brown (Labour).
Who was the Pope on October 10, 2008?
On October 10, 2008 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.