Wednesday October 01, 2008
US date format: 10/1/2008, UK date format: 1/10/2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see zodiac on October 1, 2008). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Gordon Brown (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Frost/Nixon, directed by Ron Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Order 66 by Karen Traviss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Raising the Bar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Candace Kane's Candy Factory or Brain Challenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 01, 2008?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- See more
- Russia's supreme court declares the imperial dynasty victims of political repression, marking the official rehabilitation of the house of Romanov. The decision overturns a lower court ruling that classified the killings as plain murder, and exonerates Emperor Nicholas II and his family of the alleged crimes the Bolshevik regime used to justify their killing. (Reuters)
- The United States Senate passes the civilian nuclear agreement with India by a vote of 86–13. India has not signed the Non-Proliferation Treaty, but may now undertake nuclear trade to the States (TOI)
- The National Transportation Safety Board reports that a Metrolink engineer sent a text message 22 seconds before the Chatsworth train collision in Los Angeles, California, that killed 25 people. (CBS)
- Mayor of Melbourne John So announces his resignation. (news.com.au)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 01, 2008?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2008?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Labeled as a Bailout, Plan Was Hard to Sell to a Skeptical Public Politics is as much about marketing as anything else, and from the beginning, the plan often came across as a taxpayer-financed parachute for high-flying tycoons. [..]
- Many Foods Will Soon Be Labeled by Country of Origin Under the new rule, grocery stores will have to identify the country of origin for meats, produce and certain nuts. [..]
- See all financial news of October 1st, 2008
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $77.19
- Apple AAPL: opens at $111.92
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $26.38
- General Electric GE: opens at $24.00
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $115.51
- 1 USD = 105.83 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.0626 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.1256 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.8441 CNY
- 1 EUR = 148.24 JPY
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on October 01, 2008?
On October 01, 2008 the day of the week was Wednesday.
What zodiac sign is October 01, 2008?
On October 01, 2008 the zodiac sign was Libra.
Who was the US President on October 01, 2008?
On October 01, 2008 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on October 01, 2008?
On October 01, 2008 the UK Prime Minister was Gordon Brown (Labour).
Who was the Pope on October 01, 2008?
On October 01, 2008 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people died on October 01, 2008?
Famous people died on October 01, 2008 include, John Biddle, Nick Reynolds, John Biddle.