Wednesday 1 October 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Crash, directed by Paul Haggis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Host by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Raising the Bar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force or The Club.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 October 2008
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 2008!
Which were the important events of 1 October 2008 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 October
- Russia's supreme court declares the imperial dynasty victims of political repression, marking the official rehabilitation of the house of Romanov. The decision overturns a lower court ruling that classified the killings as plain murder, and exonerates Emperor Nicholas II and his family of the alleged crimes the Bolshevik regime used to justify their killing. (Reuters)
- The United States Senate passes the civilian nuclear agreement with India by a vote of 86–13. India has not signed the Non-Proliferation Treaty, but may now undertake nuclear trade to the States (TOI)
- The National Transportation Safety Board reports that a Metrolink engineer sent a text message 22 seconds before the Chatsworth train collision in Los Angeles, California, that killed 25 people. (CBS)
- Mayor of Melbourne John So announces his resignation. (news.com.au)
- United States Army General David D. McKiernan, the commander of NATO forces in Afghanistan, says that a greater military presence is ampquotneeded as quickly as possible.ampquot (CNN)
- Subprime mortgage crisis:
- U.S. Representative Carol Shea-Porter says that ampquotmore than 400 economists, including Nobel laureates, appealed to Congress to slow down and make sure they got the bailout bill rightampquot. (Nashua Telegraph)
- Swedish Minister for Finance Anders Borg slams the culture of ampquotgreedampquot exemplified by U.S. financial institutions and its role in precipitating the current financial crisis. (The Local)
- The U.S. Senate approves HR1424, a revised version of the proposed bailout of the nation's financial system. (BBC)
- A new U.S. Armed Forces Unified Combatant Command for AfricamdashAFRICOMmdashis created. Main functions of AFRICOM include fighting terror, securing oil supplies in Africa, and supporting U.S. foreign policy in the region where Chinese influence is growing. (The Nation)
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- T.I. - Whatever You Like
- Can't Believe It - T-Pain Featuring Lil Wayne
- Jazmine Sullivan - Need U Bad
- Jennifer Hudson - Spotlight
- Mrs. Officer - Lil Wayne Featuring Bobby Valentino & Kidd Kidd
- Ne-Yo - Miss Independent
- Put On - Young Jeezy Featuring Kanye West
- Robin Thicke - Magic
- Got Money - Lil Wayne Featuring T-Pain
- Heaven Sent - Keyshia Cole
Top #10 Latin songs
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Flex - Te Quiero
- La Cumbia Del Rio - Los Pikadientes de Caborca
- Vicente Fernandez - Para Siempre
- Dame Tu Amor - Alacranes Musical
- Si No Te Hubieras Ido - Mana
- Hasta El Dia De Hoy - Dareyes de La Sierra
- Lloro Por Ti - Enrique Iglesias
- La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho - Y Que Quede Claro
- Cinco Minutos - Gloria Trevi
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?