Tuesday 21 October 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Womanizer by Britney Spears.
Role Models, directed by David Wain, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Review with Myles Barlow.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Best of Tests DS or Cate West: The Vanishing Files.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 2008!
Which were the important events of 21 October 2008 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 October
- Iceland's Kaupthing Bank fails to pay interest to its 50-billion-yen (US$493 million) bondholders in Japan. (Reuters)
- India wins the second test match of the 2008-09 Border-Gavaskar cricket test series against Australia at Mohali by 320 runs (Cricinfo)
- A trade route opens within Pakistan-administered Kashmir and India's Jammu and Kashmir state after a 60-year barrier. (BBC)
- A bomb blast in Imphal, India, kills 17 people and injures more than 30. The insurgency-racked Indian seven sisters have seen two major bomb blasts this month blamed on Islamists and Communist insurgents.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 21 October 2008
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Barnsley - Sheffield Weds : 2 - 1
- Birmingham - Crystal Palace : 1 - 0
- Blackpool - Derby : 3 - 2
- Charlton - Bristol City : 0 - 2
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Bristol Rvs - Oldham : 2 - 0
- Colchester - Millwall : 1 - 2
- Hartlepool - Huddersfield : 5 - 3
- Hereford - Carlisle : 1 - 0
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Accrington - Shrewsbury : 2 - 1
- Barnet - Wycombe : 1 - 1
- Bournemouth - Dag and Red : 2 - 1
- Brentford - Morecambe : 3 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Bari - Sassuolo : 0 - 3
- Rimini - Brescia : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?