Thursday 11 January 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Benson and Kim Coles.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Twist by Chubby Checker.
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone, directed by Jos Quintero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while A Nation Of Sheep by William J. Lederer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rocketship 7.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1962!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 January 1962 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- David Benson: British entertainer, actor, impersonator and award winning writer.
- Kim Coles: Brooklyn, New York -- Actress (Synclaire-Living Single).
- Donn Pall in Evergreen Park: Illinois, USA; pitcher (Philadelphia Phillies, Florida Marlins).
- Kim Coles in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Synclaire - Living Single).
- Steve Hislop: Scottish motorcycle racer who won at the Isle of Man TT eleven times, and won the British 250cc Championship (1990) and British Superbike championship (1995 and 2002).
- Chris Bryant: Welsh politician Minister of State for Europe.
- Susan Lindauer: American peace activist and accused spy.
- Donn Pall: Evergreen Park, Illinois -- Pitcher (Philadelphia Phillies, Florida Marlins).
- Volcano Huascaran in Peru, erupts; 4,000 die
- An avalanche on Huascaran in Peru causes 4,000 deaths.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- The Tokens - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love
- Barbara George - I Know (You Don't Love Me No More)
- Neil Sedaka - Happy Birthday, Sweet Sixteen
- Leroy Van Dyke - Walk On By
- Bobby Vee - Run To Him
- Ray Charles - Unchain My Heart
- Connie Francis - When The Boy In Your Arms (Is The Boy In Your Heart)
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Cliff Richard - The Young Ones
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Frank Ifield - Lovesick Blues
- Mr Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Cliff Richard - The Next Time / Bachelor Boy
- Danny Williams - Moon River
- Sandy Nelson - Let There Be Drums
- Duane Eddy - Dance With The Guitar Man
- Neil Sedaka - Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen
- Billy Fury - I'd Never Find Another You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?