Tuesday 11 January 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Amber Medlin in Virginia Beach and Dexter Seigler.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to American Pie (Parts 1 and 2) by Don McLean.
In UK I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony) by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Cowboys, directed by Mark Rydell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jennie, Volume Two by Ralph G. Martin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Amazing World of Kreskin.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1972!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1972 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Amber Medlin in Virginia Beach: Virginia, USA; Miss Virginia-America (1995).
- Dexter Seigler: NFL cornerback (Seattle Seahawks).
- Huub Loeffen: Dutch soccer player (Vitesse).
- Rey Ordonez in Havana: Cuba; infielder (New York Mets).
- Yang Wenyi: Chinese swim star (World Record/Olympic Record 50m freestyle).
- Mathias Enard: French writer, he won the Goncourt Prize in 2015.
- Christian Jacobs: American singer (The Aquabats)
- Amanda Peet: American actress
- Marc Blucas: American actor
- Anthony Lledo: Danish composer
- Luis Martín: Spanish runner
- Padraic Colum: Irish poet, novelist, dramatist, biographer and collector of folklore (Born 1881).
- East-Pakistan becomes independent state of Bangladesh.
- Abu Sayeed Chudhury becomes president and sheik Mujib ur-Rahman premier.
- East Pakistan renames itself Bangladesh.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Melanie - Brand New Key
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- Jonathan Edwards - Sunshine
- Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair
- Dennis Coffey and the Detroit Guitar Band - Scorpio
- The New Seekers - I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony)
- Michael Jackson - Got To Be There
- Donny Osmond - Hey Girl
- Betty Wright - Clean Up Woman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?