Saturday 11 February 1984
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aubrey O'Day and Matt Good.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Karma Chameleon by Culture Club.
In UK Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood was in the top 5 hits.
Footloose, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Late Night Thoughts On Listening To Mahler'S Ninth Symphony by Lewis Thomas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Living Planet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Match Day or Electrician.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1984!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1984 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Aubrey O'Day: American singer.
- Matt Good: American musician (From First To Last).
- Maarten Heisen: Dutch sprinter.
- Marco Marcato: Italian cyclist.
- Maxime Talbot: Canadian ice hockey player.
- 10th space shuttle mission (41-B) - Challenger 4-returns to Earth
- Wayne Gretzky sets NHL short-handed season scoring record at 11.
- STS-41-B: Space Shuttle Challenger makes the first shuttle landing at the Kennedy Space Center.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Culture Club - Karma Chameleon
- Kool & The Gang - Joanna
- The Romantics - Talking In Your Sleep
- Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart
- Van Halen - Jump
- Genesis - That's All
- Lionel Richie - Running With The Night
- John Cougar Mellencamp - Pink Houses
- Christopher Cross - Think Of Laura
- Elton John - I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?