Tuesday 20 December 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claudia Jennings [Mary Ellen Chestrerton] and Soumaila Cisse.
Whisky Galore, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching College of Musical Knowledge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1949!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1949 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Claudia Jennings [Mary Ellen Chestrerton]: Minnesota, United States -- Playmate (Nov, 1969).
- Soumaila Cisse: Malian politician.
- Fred Berry: American politician, a Massachusetts State Senator in spite of the handicap of Cerebral Palsy.
- Robin Bush: American noted family, the daughter of George and Barbara Bush.
- Soumaïla Cissé: Malian engineer and politician.
- Cecil Cooper: American baseball player and manager
- Oscar Gamble: American baseball player
- Leigh Hamilton: New Zealand-American actress and art dealer (d. 2012)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 December 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Yingle Bells - Yogi Yorgesson with The Johnny Duffy Trio
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?