Friday January 22, 1999
US date format: 1/22/1999, UK date format: 22/1/1999
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on January 22, 1999). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Enya Umanzor and Ravyn Lenae.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Have You Ever? by Brandy.
In UK Heartbeat / Tragedy by Steps was in the top 5 hits.
Trick, directed by Jim Fall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Sopranos.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Creatures 3 or Fighter Squadron: The Screamin' Demons Over Europe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 22, 1999?
- New Zealand - Wellington Anniversary.
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Vincent.
- Australian missionary Graham Staines and his two sons are burned alive by radical Hindus while sleeping in their car in Eastern India.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 22, 1999?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deborah Cox - Nobody's Supposed To Be Here
- Brandy - Have You Ever?
- Faith Evans - Love Like This
- Total Featuring Missy Elliott - Trippin'
- Dru Hill - These Are The Times
- R. Kelly - When A Woman's Fed Up
- Jay-Z Featuring Amil (Of Major Coinz) & Ja - Can I Get A...
- Lauryn Hill - Ex-Factor
- Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing)
- BLACKstreet & Mya Featuring Mase & Blinky Blink - Take Me There
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1999?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $71.06
- Apple AAPL: opens at $37.69
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $155.63
- General Electric GE: opens at $98.81
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $184.00