Wednesday January 27, 1999
US date format: 1/27/1999, UK date format: 27/1/1999
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on January 27, 1999). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Danielle Renaee .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to ..Baby One More Time by Britney Spears.
In UK Maria by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
Payback, directed by Brian Helgeland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Amsterdam by Ian McEwan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Sopranos.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aisle or Battle Hunter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 27, 1999?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- See more
- Danielle Renaee: Musical.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 27, 1999?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deborah Cox - Nobody's Supposed To Be Here
- Brandy - Have You Ever?
- Gerald Levert - Taking Everything
- Total Featuring Missy Elliott - Trippin'
- Dru Hill - These Are The Times
- R. Kelly - When A Woman's Fed Up
- Faith Evans - Love Like This
- Monica - Angel Of Mine
- Jay-Z Featuring Amil (Of Major Coinz) & Ja - Can I Get A...
- Lauryn Hill - Ex-Factor
Sport Games on January 27, 1999
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Standard - Genk : 2 - 4
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Berwick - Ross County : 2 - 2
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Dundee - Rangers : 0 - 4
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $72.25
- Apple AAPL: opens at $41.00
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $172.50
- General Electric GE: opens at $102.87
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $186.81