Friday January 08, 1999
US date format: 1/8/1999, UK date format: 8/1/1999
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 8, 1999). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I'm Your Angel by R. Kelly.
In UK Heartbeat / Tragedy by Steps was in the top 5 hits.
Last Chance, directed by Bryan Cranston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Timeline by Michael Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Sopranos.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Buffers Evolution or Descent 3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 08, 1999?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- 3.4 million copies of the film The Rescuers are recalled after a photo of a topless woman was discovered in two of the 110,000 frames of the movie.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 08, 1999?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deborah Cox - Nobody's Supposed To Be Here
- Brandy - Have You Ever?
- Faith Evans - Love Like This
- Total Featuring Missy Elliott - Trippin'
- R. Kelly & Celine Dion - I'm Your Angel
- Divine - Lately
- Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing)
- Dru Hill - These Are The Times
- Jay-Z Featuring Amil (Of Major Coinz) & Ja - Can I Get A...
- 112 Featuring Mase - Love Me
Sport Games on January 08, 1999
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Tranmere - Wolves : 1 - 2
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1999?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $74.25
- Apple AAPL: opens at $46.56
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $152.19
- General Electric GE: opens at $102.87
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $191.00