Wednesday January 13, 1999
US date format: 1/13/1999, UK date format: 13/1/1999
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 13, 1999). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Kristine Sloth .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Have You Ever? by Brandy.
In UK Heartbeat / Tragedy by Steps was in the top 5 hits.
Cookie's Fortune, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Sopranos.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Test Drive Off-Road 3 or Bugdom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 13, 1999?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Kristine Sloth: YouTube Star.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 13, 1999?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deborah Cox - Nobody's Supposed To Be Here
- Brandy - Have You Ever?
- Faith Evans - Love Like This
- Total Featuring Missy Elliott - Trippin'
- Dru Hill - These Are The Times
- Jay-Z Featuring Amil (Of Major Coinz) & Ja - Can I Get A...
- Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing)
- Divine - Lately
- R. Kelly - When A Woman's Fed Up
- JAY-Z - Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 13If January 13, 1999 is your birthday you're 21 years, 8 months, 7 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 3 months, 24 days.
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1999?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $70.00
- Apple AAPL: opens at $42.88
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $136.00
- General Electric GE: opens at $95.00
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $183.00