Friday 11 July 1952
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stephen Lang and John Kettley.
Don't Bother to Knock, directed by Roy Baker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while Give The Lady What She Wants by Lloyd Wendt and Herman Kogan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Masquerade Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1952!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 July 1952 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Stephen Lang: NYC, New York -- Actor (Another You, Death of a Salesman).
- John Kettley: English weather forecaster.
- Bill Barber: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Gen Eisenhower nominated as Republican presidential candidate
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Walkin' My Baby Back Home - Nat King Cole (Billy May & His Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?