Saturday 19 July 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Collins and Dominic Muldowney.
High Noon, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Thurber Album by James Thurber was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Masquerade Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1952!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1952 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Alan Collins: Rock guitarist (Lynyrd Skynyrd).
- Dominic Muldowney: Composer.
- Howard Donald Saunders in Danbury: Connecticut, USA; murderer (FBI Most Wanted List).
- John Griesheimer: American politician.
- Allen Collins: American guitarist and songwriter (Lynyrd Skynyrd The Rossington-Collins Band and Allen Collins Band) (d. 1990).
- Nancy Folbre: American economist and academic
- Paint Your Wagon closes at Shubert Theater NYC after 289 performances
- 15th modern Olympic games opens in Helsinki, Finland
- Freddie Trueman takes 8-31, India all out 58 at Old Trafford
- India all out 82 in 2nd innings after making 52 earlier in the day
- 26 – Washington D.C. is quotbuzzedquot by several alleged UFOs tracked on multiple radars. Jets scramble on several occasions and the objects take evasive action, only to return after the jets leave the area.ref name=DC_UFO_Flap
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?