Saturday 11 July 1953US date format: 7/11/1953, UK date format: 11/7/1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1953). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick Stefanini and Leon Spinks.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Dangerous Crossing, directed by Joseph M. Newman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The World And The West by Arnold Toynbee was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strictly Personal.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1953
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1953!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1953 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Patrick Stefanini: French senior official, who served as...
- Leon Spinks: American boxer.
- Angélica Aragón: Mexican actress.
- Maureen Cathryn Harriet ''Cats'' Falck: Swedish television journalist.
- Patricia Reyes Spindola: Mexican actress, director and producer.
- Mindy Sterling: American actress.
- Piyasvasti Amranand: Thai businessman and politician Thai...
- Peter Brown: American singer, songwriter and...
- Samuel Russell Hinds: pitcher for the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Wu Shu-chen: wife of former President Chen Shui-bian...
- Patricia Spíndola: Mexican actress director and producer.
- Ivan Toms: South African physician and activist (d....
- Bramwell Tovey: English-Canadian conductor and composer.
- Paul Weiland: is an English motion picture and...
- Suresh Prabhu: Indian accountant and politician Indian...
- Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu: member of the 14th Lok Sabha of India.
- Angelica Aragon: Mexican actress.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Frankie Laine - I Believe
- Terry's Theme (From 'Limelight') - Frank Chacksfield
- The Song From The Moulin Rouge - Mantovani
- I'm Walking Behind You - Eddie Fisher With Sally Sweetland
- Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me - Muriel Smith
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?