Wednesday 2 July 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ahmed Ouyahia and Halifax (Nova Scotia).
The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men, directed by Ken Annakin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Gown Of Glory by Agnes Sligh Turnbull was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mister Peepers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1952!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 July 1952 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Halifax (Nova Scotia)
- Ahmed Ouyahia
- Johnny Coila: Rocker.
- Linda M Godwin: Cape Girardeau, Missouri -- PhD / Astronaut (STS 37, 59, 76).
- Wayne Haner: Rock bassist (Axe).
- Johnny Colla: American guitarist and saxophonist (Huey Lewis and the News).
- Anatoliy Solomin: Ukrainian race walker and coach.
- Henriette H Bosmans: Dutch cello player / pianist / composer, dies at 56.
- Princess Beatrice opens miniature city of Madurodam
- Zulu-leader Mangosuthu Buthelezi marries Irene Mzila
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?