Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened throughout history on June 11. From 1900 until now.
June 11 is under the sign of Gemini.
Famous birthdays on this day include José Bové (1953), Shia Labeouf (1986) and Hugh Laurie (1959).
Several movies were released around June 11 over the years, such as Ace in the Hole in 1951 directed by Billy Wilder and Punishment Park in 1971 directed by Peter Watkins.
But much more happened on June 11 over the years: find out below
Which were the most popular Movies released around June 11 over the years?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the important events of June 11?
- 2019 A committee of the US House of Representatives announces that it will hold a hearing next Thursday (June 20) to examine fuel efficiency standards, as the Trump administration presses for a rollback of an Obama-era schedule of 5% reductions in emissions per year. (Reuters)
- 2018 Economy of the United Kingdom: British retail chain Poundworld, which employs thousands of people, collapses into administration. (BBC)
- 2017 Marawi crisis: Philippines president Rodrigo Duterte says he is "not aware" of the United States providing support to the Philippine government's military intervention against Islamists in Marawi. Duterte also said that he "never approached America for help". (Reuters)
- 2016 War in Afghanistan (2001–present): Fighting breaks out between ISIL militants and Afghan police in the Haska Mina District, Nangarhar Province, leaving six police officers and 15 militants dead, according to officials. (Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty)
- See more
English actor, comedian, writer,...
American comedian and actor who made his...
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 11 over the years?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- 2017 Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee Featuring Justin Bieber - Despacito
- 2016 Drake Featuring WizKid & Kyla - One Dance
- 2015 Taylor Swift Featuring Kendrick Lamar - Bad Blood
- 2014 Iggy Azalea Featuring Charli XCX - Fancy
- 2013 Macklemore - Can't Hold Us
- 2012 Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
- 2011 Adele - Rolling In The Deep
- 2010 Usher - OMG
- 2009 The Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
- 2008 Lil Wayne - Lollipop
- See more
Which were the most popular books released around June 11 over the years?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
This day over the years in 30 sec.
For more videos please visit our official youtube channel