Sunday 29 August 1909
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 29, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francis Henry Smith and Roy Reuther.
Far from the Madding Crowd, directed by Thomas Vinterberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1909 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
Famous Birthdays:29 August
- Emil C Hansen: Danish physiologist.
- AH Latham of France sets world airplane altitude record of 155 m.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Take Me Up with You, Dearie - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- Uncle Josh at a Baseball Game - Cal Stewart