Tuesday 23 December 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth M Taylor and Jacques Bourlaud.
When the Clouds Roll by, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1919!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1919 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Kenneth M Taylor: American pilot (d. 2006).
- Jacques Bourlaud: Poitiers Military man.
- Kenneth Taylor: American general and pilot (d. 2006).
- 1st hospital ship built to move wounded naval personnel launched
- Alice H Parker patents gas heating furnace.
- Sex Disqualification (Removal) Act 1919 becomes law in the UK.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 December 1919
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A Pretty Girl is Like a Melody - Sam Ash
- Roses of Picardy - John McCormack
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?