Tuesday 23 December 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 23, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth M Taylor and Jacques Bourlaud.
Spring Fever, directed by Edward Sedgwick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1919!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1919 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Kenneth M Taylor: American pilot (d. 2006).
- Jacques Bourlaud: Poitiers Military man.
- Kenneth Taylor: American general and pilot (d. 2006).
- 1st hospital ship built to move wounded naval personnel launched
- Alice H Parker patents gas heating furnace.
- Sex Disqualification (Removal) Act 1919 becomes law in the UK.