Monday 11 November 1991, Veteran's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christa B Allen and Jitka Válková.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Cream by Prince.
In UK Dizzy by Vic Reeves & The Wonder Stuff was in the top 5 hits.
Cape Fear, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while All The Weyrs Of Pern by Anne McCaffrey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Children of the North.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Castle of Dr. Brain or Mana.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 November 1991 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Prince - Cream
- Bryan Adams - Can't Stop This Thing We Started
- Michael Bolton - When A Man Loves A Woman
- Boyz II Men - It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday
- PM Dawn - Set Adrift On Memory Bliss
- Roberta Flack - Set The Night To Music
- Naughty By Nature - O.P.P.
- Amy Grant - That's What Love Is For
- Karyn White - Romantic
- Guns N' Roses - Don't Cry
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 November 1991
- Chicago Bears - Minnesota Vikings : 34 - 17
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?