Tuesday 31 July 1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 31, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Gerson and Gene Summers.
Holding His Own, directed by Leslie Goodwins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 July 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1928 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Jack Gerson: Scottish screenwriter, known for The Omega Factor (1979), The Regiment (1972) and Aberdeen by Seaside and Deeside (1970).
- Gene Summers: American modernist architect, considered to have been Mies Van Der Rohe's right hand man.
- Bill Frenzel: American lieutenant and politician (d. 2014).