Thursday 11 December 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyonce.
Yes Man, directed by Peyton Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A World of Her PWN.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Commander in Chief or Boogie Bunnies.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 2008!
Which were the important events of 11 December 2008 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 December
- Maddie Blaustein: American voice actress (Born 1960).
- Bernard Madoff is arrested and charged with securities fraud in a $50 billion Ponzi scheme.
- Switzerland becomes the 25th European country to join the Schengen Agreement, whereby cross-border passport checks will be abolished.ampref name=ampquotSwiss accessionampquotamp
- The Moon moves into its nearest point to Earth, called perigee, at the same time as its fullest phase of the Lunar Cycle. The Moon appears to be 14% bigger and 30% brighter than the year's other full moons. The next time these two events coincide will be in 2016.ampref name=ampquotBewerewolves: Fullest Moon in 15 Years Tonightampquotamp
- An Iraqi suicide bomber kills 48 people and wounds almost 100 in a restaurant north of Kirkuk celebrating the end of Eid al-Adha. (NYT)
- Human remains discovered in a plastic bag in southeast Orlando, Florida, United States, are believed to be the remains of missing child Caylee Anthony. Confirmation is not expected for weeks. (Orlando Sentinel)
- Free Software Foundation filed a lawsuit against Cisco for using is GPL-licensed components on its Linksys but failed to fulfill the requirements of the General Public License (GPL). (Ars Technica)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 December 2008
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2008 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?