Thursday 11 October 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Takeshi Kaneshiro and Linda Hardy.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Half-Breed by Cher.
In UK Eye Level by Simon Park Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
The Paper Chase, directed by James Bridges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Dr. Atkins' Diet Revolution by Dr. Robert Atkins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ca smo na ovon svitu....
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1973!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 11 October 1973 ?
- Takeshi Kaneshiro: Japanese actor and singer.
- Linda Hardy: French actress and model, who won the title of Miss France in 1992 and represented her country at Miss Universe and Miss World.
- Greg Chalmers: Australian golfer.
- Mark Chapman: English radio and television host.
- Steven Pressley: Scottish footballer and manager.
- Mike Smith: American guitarist (Snot and Limp Bizkit).
- Niki Xanthou: Greek long jumper.
- Dmitri Young: American baseball player and radio host.
- Sharon Dominguez: Miss Belize Universe (1997).
- Oakland beats Baltimore 3 games to 2 to win AL pennant
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cher - Half-Breed
- The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin Man
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
- The Rolling Stones - Angie
- The Isley Brothers - That Lady (Part 1)
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Midnight Train To Georgia
- Eddie Kendricks - Keep On Truckin' (Part 1)
- Grand Funk - We're An American Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?