Saturday 20 October 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Scott Goodman .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Angie by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Eye Level by Simon Park Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Charley Varrick, directed by Don Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Okay S.I.R..
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1973!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1973 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Scott Goodman: Hobart, Tasmania -- 200m butterfly swimmer (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Canadian actor William Shatner (Star Trek) marries Marcy Lafferty
- Mariette Hartley appears on Bob Newhart in Have You Met Miss Dietz
- OPEC oil embargo begins
- Queen Elizabeth II opens Sydney Opera House
- Solicitor General Bork, AG Richardson and Deputy AG Ruckelshaus resigned
- The Family Station Inc buys shortwave Radio Station WNYW, changes calls to WYFR and moves station from NYC to Scituate, Massachusetts
- Arab oil producers impose total oil embargo on USA.
- US President Richard Nixon proclaims Jim Thorpe greatest athlete of first half century.
- William Shatner marries Marcy Lafferty.
- The Sydney Opera House opens.
- ''Saturday Night Massacre'': President Richard Nixon fires U.S. Attorney General Elliot Richardson and Deputy Attorney General William Ruckelshaus after they refuse to fire Watergate special prosecutor Archibald Cox, who is finally fired by Robert Bork.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Angie
- Cher - Half-Breed
- The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin Man
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Midnight Train To Georgia
- The Isley Brothers - That Lady (Part 1)
- Eddie Kendricks - Keep On Truckin' (Part 1)
- Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
- DeFranco Family - Heartbeat-It's A Lovebeat
- Marie Osmond - Paper Roses
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?