Sunday 11 November 1973, Veteran's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jason Bowen and Stacy Perrone.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Keep On Truckin' (Part 1) by Eddie Kendricks.
In UK Let Me In by The Osmonds was in the top 5 hits.
Breezy, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while World Without End, Amen by Jimmy Breslin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Terracotta Horse.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing TREK73 or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1973!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1973 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Jason Bowen: Port Alice -- NHL defenseman (Philadelphia Flyers).
- Stacy Perrone: Wolcott, Connecticut -- Meet Miss America - Connecticut (1997).
- Terrance Shaw: NFL cornerback (SD Chargers).
- Jason White: American musician (Green Day).
- Shinji Maggy: Japanese comedian and magician.
- Melissa Stark: American journalist and sportscaster
- Egypt and Israel sign a United States-sponsored cease-fire accord.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Eddie Kendricks - Keep On Truckin' (Part 1)
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Midnight Train To Georgia
- The Rolling Stones - Angie
- DeFranco Family - Heartbeat-It's A Lovebeat
- Marie Osmond - Paper Roses
- Ringo Starr - Photograph
- Billy Preston - Space Race
- Cher - Half-Breed
- Garfunkel - All I Know
- Carpenters - Top Of The World
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 November 1973
- Atlanta Falcons - Philadelphia Eagles : 44 - 27
- Baltimore Colts - Miami Dolphins : 0 - 44
- Cincinnati Bengals - Buffalo Bills : 16 - 13
- Cleveland Browns - Houston Oilers : 23 - 13
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?