Monday 11 September 1961US date format: 9/11/1961, UK date format: 11/9/1961
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 11, 1961). The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Virginia Madsen and Elizabeth Daily.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Michael by The Highwaymen.
In UK Johnny Remember Me by John Leyton was in the top 5 hits.
Man-Trap, directed by Edmond O'Brien, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Road Past Mandalay by John Masters was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ghost Squad.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 September 1961
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1961!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1961 ?
- Virginia Madsen: Movie Actress.
- Elizabeth Daily: Voice Actor.
- Virginia Madsen in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actress (Dune, Hot Spot,...
- François-Xavier Bagnoud: Swiss helicopter pilot specialized in...
- Philip Ardagh: English author.
- Samina Raja: Pakistani poet and educator (d. 2012).
- Hurricane Carla strikes the Texas coast as a Category 4 hurricane, the second strongest storm ever to hit the state.
- Foundation of the World Wildlife Fund.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Highwaymen - Michael
- Bobby Vee - Take Good Care Of My Baby
- The Jive Five - My True Story
- Timi Yuro - Hurt
- You Don't Know What You've Got (Until You Lose It) - Ral Donner
- Joe Dowell - Wooden Heart
- Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor (On The Bedpost Over Night) - Lonnie Donegan and His Skiffle Group
- Barry Mann - Who Put The Bomp (In The Bomp, Bomp, Bomp)
- Elvis Presley - Little Sister
- Adam Wade - As If I Didn't Know
Top #10 R&B songs
- My True Story - The Jive Five With Joe Rene And Orchestra
- Fats Domino - Let The Four Winds Blow
- Baby, You're Right - James Brown And The Famous Flames
- Freddy King - San-Ho-Zay
- Bobby Bland - Don't Cry No More
- Mar-Keys - Last Night
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Little Willie John - Take My Love (I Want To Give It All To You)
- Jerry Butler - I'm A Telling You
- Ben E. King - Amor
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?