Wednesday 13 September 1961US date format: 9/13/1961, UK date format: 13/9/1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 13, 1961). The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Mustaine and Bobbie Cryner.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Michael by The Highwaymen.
In UK Johnny Remember Me by John Leyton was in the top 5 hits.
Man-Trap, directed by Edmond O'Brien, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Last Of The Just by Andre Schwarz-Bart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ghost Squad.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 September 1961
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1961!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1961 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Dave Mustaine: American musician, formerly lead...
- Fiona : Rock Singer.
- Bobbie Cryner: American singer-songwriter.
- KK Null: Japanese singer-songwriter and guitarist...
- Peter Roskam: Republican Congressman from Illinois.
- Car 54 Where are You? premieres on TV
- Battles between UN and Katanga troops in Congo
- Unmanned Mercury-Atlas 4 launched into Earth orbit.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Highwaymen - Michael
- Bobby Vee - Take Good Care Of My Baby
- The Jive Five - My True Story
- Timi Yuro - Hurt
- You Don't Know What You've Got (Until You Lose It) - Ral Donner
- Joe Dowell - Wooden Heart
- Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor (On The Bedpost Over Night) - Lonnie Donegan and His Skiffle Group
- Barry Mann - Who Put The Bomp (In The Bomp, Bomp, Bomp)
- Elvis Presley - Little Sister
- Adam Wade - As If I Didn't Know
Top #10 R&B songs
- My True Story - The Jive Five With Joe Rene And Orchestra
- Fats Domino - Let The Four Winds Blow
- Baby, You're Right - James Brown And The Famous Flames
- Freddy King - San-Ho-Zay
- Bobby Bland - Don't Cry No More
- Mar-Keys - Last Night
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Little Willie John - Take My Love (I Want To Give It All To You)
- Jerry Butler - I'm A Telling You
- Ben E. King - Amor
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?