Thursday September 11, 2014
US date format: 9/11/2014, UK date format: 11/9/2014
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 11, 2014). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Cameron (Conservative).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Shake It Off by Taylor Swift.
Gone Girl, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2014
while The Lost Island by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Equalizer.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lego Ninjago: Nindroids or Guilty Gear Xrd.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 11, 2014?
- Islamist insurgency in Nigeria:: The Elders Forum in the Nigerian state of Borno warns that Boko Haram militants have surrounded the city of Maiduguri. (BBC)
- The Elders Forum in the Nigerian state of Borno warns that Boko Haram militants have surrounded the city of Maiduguri. (BBC)
- Syrian Civil War:: The al-Qaeda-linked Nusra Front releases dozens of Fijian United Nations peacekeepers captured near the Golan Heights. (Reuters)
- The al-Qaeda-linked Nusra Front releases dozens of Fijian United Nations peacekeepers captured near the Golan Heights. (Reuters)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 11, 2014?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Nicki Minaj - Anaconda
- Iggy Azalea Featuring Rita Ora - Black Widow
- Iggy Azalea Featuring Charli XCX - Fancy
- Jeremih Featuring YG - Don't Tell 'Em
- John Legend - All Of Me
- Eminem Featuring Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Pharrell Williams - Happy
- Bobby Shmurda - Hot Boy
- Tinashe Featuring ScHoolboy Q - 2 On
- Rich Gang Featuring Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Lifestyle
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next September 11If September 11, 2014 is your birthday you're 6 years, 7 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 11 months, 24 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $96.32
- Apple AAPL: opens at $100.41
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $46.74
- General Electric GE: opens at $25.91
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $191.08
- 1 USD = 107.0 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.1037 CAD
- 1 USD = 0.9355 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.1295 CNY
- 1 EUR = 138.31 JPY