Friday May 03, 2019
US date format: 5/3/2019, UK date format: 3/5/2019
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 3, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
State of the Union, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
On TV people were watching The Code.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 03, 2019?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- See more
- Sinclair Broadcast Group buys Fox Sports Networks (FSN) from The Walt Disney Company for $10.6 billion. Disney was ordered by the U.S. Justice Department to sell FSN as part of its purchase of 21st Century Fox last year due antitrust concerns over its ownership of ESPN Inc. (The New York Times)
- Documents filed in a United States bankruptcy court indicate that the bankrupt utility company Pacific Gas & Electric has not been able to reach a settlement with its creditors over billions of dollars it owes under power purchase contracts. PG&E wants the issue settled by the bankruptcy court rather than by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. (Reuters)
- Mississippi River floods: Alton, Illinois, builds a barrier wall as the Mississippi River rises to levels not seen since the historic 1993 floods. (Chicago Tribune)The Mississippi River rises to its highest level since the 1993 floods at the Quad Cities in Illinois and Iowa. (Chicago Tribune)Flooding from Michigan to the south damages homes and sends the Mississippi River to a 157-year high in Davenport, Iowa. (Weather Channel)
- Alton, Illinois, builds a barrier wall as the Mississippi River rises to levels not seen since the historic 1993 floods. (Chicago Tribune)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next May 03If May 03, 2019 is your birthday you're 1 year, 3 months, 6 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 months, 24 days.
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Behind the Numbers: How the Jobs Report Comes Together The figures may change from month to month, but the way the Labor Department compiles its employment data does not. [..]
- Billionaire Carl Icahn Discloses Subpoena Over Stock Trading The subpoena is the second that federal prosecutors have served on the investor, who also served as an unpaid adviser to the Trump administration. [..]
- See all financial news of May 03, 2019