Thursday 12 May 1932
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Lestas and Umberto Bindi.
Grand Hotel, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while Sons by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1932!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 12 May 1932 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Roger Lestas
- Umberto Bindi: Italian singer and songwriter.
- Joel Joffe: Baron Joffe South African-English lawyer and politician.
- Lindbergh baby: Found dead.
- Body of kidnapped Son of Charles Lindbergh is found in Hopewell, New Jersey
- Ten weeks after his abduction Charles Jr., the infant son of Charles Lindbergh is found dead in Hopewell, New Jersey, just a few miles from the Lindberghs' home.
- The Mickey Mouse film Mickey's Revue is released to theaters in the USA. Pluto and Horace Horsecollar also appear. Goofy appears for the first time, with the name "Dippy Dawg".
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?