Friday 6 May 1932
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Thynne and Gunther Hauk.
Grand Hotel, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while The Fountain by Charles Morgan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 May 1932 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Alexander Thynne
- Gunther Hauk: Composer.
- Viscount Coke: English large landowner / art collector.
- Martin Sousa: American career criminal who has served several stints in prison.
- Alexander Thynn: British aristocrat, Lord Bath, the 7th Marquess of Bath.
- Ahmet Haxhiu: Kosovan activist (d. 1994).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?