Wednesday 25 May 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Grogery Dunne and K C Jones.
while Sons by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1932!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1932 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- John Grogery Dunne: US writer (Up Close & Personal, True Confessions).
- K C Jones: Taylor, Texas -- Basketball player (1956 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- John Gregory Dunne: American writer (d. 2003).
- K C Jones in Taylor: Texas, USA; basketball player (Olympics-gold-1956).
- Georgi Mikhailovich Grechko in USSR cosmonaut (Soyuz 17: 26, T-14).
- W P Kinsella: Canadian writer
- John Dunne: American writer, a nonfiction journalist turned pop novelist. His best-selling works include "Dutch Shea, Jr," 1982 and "The Red White and Blue," 1987. "True Confessions" was Dunne's first bestseller and, according to New York Times reviewer Christopher Lehmann-Haupt, "the book he was born to write." "Crackling dialogue, gritty characters, a fierce, unblinking stare at acts of brutality-these elements mark the novels of John Gregory Dunne," wrote fellow novelist Anne Tyler in the New York Times
- Kimmo Kaivanto: Finnish artist, sculptor.
- Roger Bowen: American actor (MASH, Main Event, What About Bob), dies at age 62 (born 1932).
- K Jones: American basketball player and coach
- Steve Rossi: American comedian and actor (d. 2014)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?