Sunday 12 September 1948
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Luis Lima and François Billard.
Johnny Belinda, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Around the Town.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 1948!
Which were the important events of 12 September 1948 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- Luis Lima: Argentinian tenor.
- François Billard: French jazz critic, journalist, musicologist and writer.
- Stefano D'Orazio: Italian drummer, pop singer and lyricist, who sang vocals and drummed for the musical group Pooh from 1971 to 2009.
- Jean-Louis Schlesser: French racing driver with experience in circuit racing and cross-country rallying.
- Steve Turre: American trombonist and educator.
- Max Walker: Australian cricketer sportscaster and architect
- Invasion of the State of Hyderabad by the Indian Army on the day after the Pakistani leader Jinnah's death.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?